The researchers of the Edul@b research group, Montse Guitert, Teresa Romeu and Marc Romero have organised the meeting of the UOC Advisory Council on Digital Competences that has taken place on November 25th at the headquarters of Tibidabo.
The vice rector of Globalisation and Cooperation of the UOC, Pastora Martínez, has welcomed the current members of the Advisory Council and has emphasised the key role of digital competences, since they are “the DNA of the UOC.”
Subsequently, the director of the digital competences area, Montse Guitert, has given a presentation on digital transformation and digital competences in the UOC, and has pointed out the importance of digitally empower the students.
Reflection on the Digital Competencies area
The objective of the meeting has been to reflect on the Digital Competencies area of the UOC; analysing international trends, studies and projects for the research, development and dissemination of knowledge in this field.
The following members of the Advisory Council have participated in the meeting, which have promoted an interesting dialogue and discussion:
- Gemma Abellán: Professor of the Digital Competences Area of the UOC.
- Ricard Fabra: Head of Inclusion and Digital Training. Generalitat de Catalunya. DGTSI Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Jordi Graells: General Direction of Citizen Attention. Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Montse Guitert: Director of the Digital Training Area of the UOC and member of the Edul@b research group.
- Pastora Martínez: Vice rector of Globalization and Cooperation of the UOC.
- Emili Pascual: Responsible for Employer Branding. Banc Sabadell.
- Josep Prieto: Director of Computer, Multimedia and Telecommunication Studies, UOC.
- Yves Punie: Senior Scientist in the Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS). Has participated by videoconference.
- Jordi Roca: Business Unit Manager a CT Formación.
- Marc Romero: Professor of the digital competences area of the UOC and member of the Edul@b group.
- Teresa Romeu: Professor of the digital competences area of the UOC and member of the Edul@b group.
- Andreu Veà: President Internet Society. Digital Champion from Europa.