Creating an Online Dimension for University Rankings (CODUR)
This project aims to generate:
a) A set of European-led quality criteria and indicators for the measurement of world-wide online education dimension, and
b) The guidelines for integrating these online education metrics in the current U-Multirank ranking, the European funded university ranking which intends to be a European contribution to the development of a multidimensional ranking.
CODUR would like to impact on 15-20 European higher education online education institutions in an initial stage and on at least 50 non-European international universities later on. These 65- 70 universities can be the starting point of the new dimension of the U-Multirank ranking. National and international stakeholders (industry, networks and associations) will also be involved, as well as students summing up a total of 490 people participating in any of the activities scheduled in the project.
The method of work will be based on the analysis of current quality assurance tools for online education, the identification of the shared common criteria and indicators and its fitness with the U-Multirank ranking.
Dr. Albert Sangrà (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, UOC). [email@example.com]
Edul@b Research Group, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Open University, United Kingdom
Consiglio Nazionale della Ricerca – Istituto delle Tecnologie Didattiche, Italy
CODUR External Advisory Board
The External Advisory Board (EAB) of the CODUR Project is an international network of experts that will assess and assist CODUR partners in the development and implantation of the main aims of the project.
When required, the EAB Board will:
- Provide strategic advice and make recommendations to the CODUR Steering Committee regarding current and planned development of the project.
- Provide strategic advice regarding emerging issues and international trends regarding the evaluation of quality in online higher education.
- Boost and disseminate the public documents and deliverables provided as an outcome by the CODUR Project.
- Give expert feedback on the CODUR activities and outcomes.
- Detect opportunities to further the CODUR strategic objectives.
- Facilitate relationships and contacts with institutions and bodies that could be of an interest for the CODUR main goals.
- Provide insightful documents to be analysed and utilised by the CODUR Project members.
External Advisory Board members
Mauro Calise, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II (Italy)
Fabrice Hénard, Learning Avenue and former OECD Senir Analyst (France)
Insung Jung, International Christian University, ICU (Japan)
Frans Kaizer, Centre for Higher Education Policy Studies, CHEPS (The Netherlands)
Pier Paolo Limone, Università degli Studi di Foggia (Italy)
Don Olcott, Jr., University of Maryland-University College (USA)
Ebba Ossianilson, Independent Consultant & Quality Expert (Sweden)
Nancy Parker, Athabasca University (Canada)
Paul Prinsloo, University of South Africa, UNISA (South Africa)
Ann Taylor, Penn State University (USA)
Belinda Tynan, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, RMIT (Australia)
Sandra Wills, Charles Sturt University, CSU (Australia)
Olaf Zawacki-Richter, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg (Germany)